Stupid Lambs

A friendly run forum for all things Twilight based on the best selling books by Stephenie Meyer

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Let's talk about the first chapter of Breaking Dawn

Go down 
AuthorMessage
shawn
Admin

PostSubject: Let's talk about the first chapter of Breaking Dawn   Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:19 pm

Has everyone read it? I'm not sure what to think. Do you think the prologue is referring to Bella being changed?

I was a bit irked when Rene was happy about Bella and Edward getting married. That made all of the rude things Bella said to Edward (especially for the proposal) absolutely pointless. Bella was so worried about what her parents would think that she didn't want to get married. She made us all mad because she was hurting Edward's feelings. Turns out, her parents are fine! Evil or Very Mad

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the first chapter of Breaking Dawn   Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:37 pm

I have to say that I was FLOORED when Rene acted well to the announcement. I thought there would be definite drama there.... I hope that her acceptance - and the "Ease" of it all isn't some foreshadowing of something HORRID to come.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the first chapter of Breaking Dawn   Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:56 pm

It would have been nice to have Edward in it, but I think this was just a bridge chapter to get us from EC to BD. It sounds like a lot has happened in the couple of months between books.

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the first chapter of Breaking Dawn   Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:03 pm

Yah, I was actually pretty freaked out when the book started two days before the wedding. It seems like there has to be alot of back story that the reader needs to be filled in on.

I was also relieved that Bella's 'happy place' was being alone with Edward and not Jacob. Although, I am still up in the air as to who the prologue is between, I think it could be either guy.... which is AHHH! FRUSTRATING!

Grrrr! Mad

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the first chapter of Breaking Dawn   Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:52 pm

I've only read the prologue and chapter one time, but I thought the prologue was about Edward getting ready to bite her. I never thought about Jacob. I'll have to read it again.

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the first chapter of Breaking Dawn   

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about the first chapter of Breaking Dawn
Page 1 of 1