Stupid Lambs

A friendly run forum for all things Twilight based on the best selling books by Stephenie Meyer

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

What Bothered Me.... Sorry everyone!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stormie

PostSubject: What Bothered Me.... Sorry everyone!   Wed May 28, 2008 7:34 pm

Okay, so I don't think I was ever game enough to bring this up 'elsewhere' - and I'm hoping you won't all boot me off the forum for saying this....

What REALLY bothered me about Bella was that she wasn't in anyway concerned about a guy hiding in her room and watching her sleep, without her knowing. I must stress that I mean BEFORE they got together. I know that by the time she found out she was already in love with him, but I personally would have found it creepy. I mean lets face it - Edward essentially entered Bellas' house uninvited, hid somewhere and then watched her sleep without her knowing he was there. And then when she found out she was 'Oh, okay... well that doesn't really bother me'

I know we are all adults and have a different understanding of these things too, but I am also a little concerned that some teenage girls who read Twilight would maybe not have a full understanding that that behaviour is not acceptable? It's different with Edward of course, but I know a few teenagers who would veiw it as 'romantic' and not realise that with real guys it's just plain stalking!

I just remember reading it and thinking 'What the hell! How creepy is THAT!' I also just can't fathom how Edward would find that acceptable either. I know he was curious about her and wanted to keep her safe etc etc. I guess I will just have to read Midnight Sun to know exactly what was going through his head.

I didn't have a problem with him doing it when she knew he was there though - then it was romantic Laughing

Okay - get your blowtorches out.... pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edye

PostSubject: Re: What Bothered Me.... Sorry everyone!   Thu May 29, 2008 7:24 am

I totally agree with you. It completely freaked me out.

PostSubject: Re: What Bothered Me.... Sorry everyone!   Thu May 29, 2008 7:26 am

Edye wrote:
I totally agree with you. It completely freaked me out.

Yay!! I haven't been flamed yet *happy dancing*

I love the Tshirt in your avatar Edye! (sometimes I pee when I laugh too. It comes from having 3 kids Laughing)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shawn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Bothered Me.... Sorry everyone!   Thu May 29, 2008 9:49 am

Yes, in real life that would be creepy stalking. Even if the guy is drop-dead gorgeous. (I would have been so mad about it and wondering how I embarassed myself while I slept.) It was a complete invasion of her privacy. Sneaking in once or twice for a glimpse is one thing, but staying all night is disturbing.

PostSubject: Re: What Bothered Me.... Sorry everyone!   Thu May 29, 2008 10:16 am

shawn wrote:
Yes, in real life that would be creepy stalking. Even if the guy is drop-dead gorgeous. (I would have been so mad about it and wondering how I embarassed myself while I slept.) It was a complete invasion of her privacy. Sneaking in once or twice for a glimpse is one thing, but staying all night is disturbing.

Lets face it - if Edward was a real boy he could have totally been arrested for being a Peeping Tom! And maybe committed to an asylum.

(But Edward can hide out in MY bedroom any night! I'll even set up a little chair and a table with a plate of cookies and a glass of milk for him!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knikers

PostSubject: Re: What Bothered Me.... Sorry everyone!   Fri May 30, 2008 7:50 am

Im all for Edward watching me sleep. I do think that if Bella had of woken up and found Edward in her room she would of frecked affraid But she found out after she had fallen inlove with him so it was no big deal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Bothered Me.... Sorry everyone!   Fri May 30, 2008 7:55 am

I also found it very creepy, because seriously in "real" like, what if your scratching or slobbering with your mouth open. How embarrassing!!! Very Happy

But seriously, your right it would totally be freaky!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Bothered Me.... Sorry everyone!   

Back to top Go down

What Bothered Me.... Sorry everyone!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stupid Lambs :: Twilight Characters :: Bella-
Jump to: