Stupid Lambs

A friendly run forum for all things Twilight based on the best selling books by Stephenie Meyer

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Demetri (Volturi)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
whitford-kiwi-girl

PostSubject: Demetri (Volturi)   Mon May 26, 2008 4:39 pm

sunny Ok so we haven't heard much from this character I'm hoping Steph writes some of the Volturi into BD. He is the diplomat and fore-runner for the group and I found his character to be quite interesting. The behind the scenes angle of the Volterra set-up would make for an interesting story in it's own, considering how old some of those vampires are.

Anne Rice had an amazing back-story for her characters and wove them through history. Although I would rather see SM do her own thing with the characters, this would be an interesting spin-off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: Demetri (Volturi)   Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:07 pm

Ann Rice is a far superior writer that way, and I don't think Stephenie writes like that.

...ducking the flying tomatoes..... geek

Don't get me wrong, I love SM's stories, but A.R. puts so much history and background...part of the appeal of her books to me. I thought getting a story of Carlisle's life in 16th Century London and his life meeting and living with the Volturi for that period would be FANTASTIC! However, when asked that question, she as much said the task seemed to overwhelming to her...too much research and fact checking.

PostSubject: Re: Demetri (Volturi)   Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:56 am

Wink You are right ... thats a huge undertaking for back-history and getting into the head of a vampire in a period novel. One of my favourite vampires is Marius .. and I always found myself holding out for tid-bits on him and his back story. And what he was doing and when ... yeah obsessed with another Vampire (i know, i know!). And of course Anne would describe the citys and architure and RELIGION Smile and art in at great lengths.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edye

PostSubject: Re: Demetri (Volturi)   Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:23 am

I have never read any of AR's stuff. I wondered about her writing but heard it was creepier than Stephen King! Correct me if I am wrong... PLEASE!

PostSubject: Re: Demetri (Volturi)   Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:59 pm

Very Happy Hi Edye ... I love Anne Rice's vampire chronicles. I remember being put off watching the movie simply because OPRAH interviewed the cast for one of her specials, and she mentioned that she couldn't stomach it and only saw the first 10 minutes and walked out. On that alone, I didn't go and see it. Mad

A couple of years later it was played on HBO here and I was stunned. affraid I loved it ... the longing and passion that the film bought through of the characters and their struggles to live in the changing worlds. At that point I was so PEEVED that I had listened to Oprah and vowed to only think for myself in future and not listen to critics. Very Happy

I bought the book and read it TWICE. It is even more indepth than the movie. She loves to describe places and history. Her characters are mainly based in New Orleans where she lives. Although the secondary characters come through from Italy, Greece, Russia and she weaves massive back stories for them too. She also has them weave in and out of each others back-stories and how all the vampires meet or crossed paths ... it's addictive too.

Whereas the BDB stories are told on a daily basis and only span a couple of months, AR's stories cover like 6000 years of interwoven threads and current plots.

lol! I really enjoy them, and have the entire set on my bookshelf. Along with the interwoven Mayfair Witches books ... but that's another tale.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shawn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Demetri (Volturi)   Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:28 pm

I like A.R. better than Stephen King. I think his books are creepier, especially since his are mostly about humans. At least A.R.'s books are about vampires and witches who we expect to be a bit creepy.

PostSubject: Re: Demetri (Volturi)   

Back to top Go down

Demetri (Volturi)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stupid Lambs :: Twilight Characters :: All other characters-
Jump to: