Stupid Lambs

A friendly run forum for all things Twilight based on the best selling books by Stephenie Meyer
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Did you like the book?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 189
Join date : 2008-03-26
Location : Bwahahaha.....fairly certain I could handle any cookies served up!!!! he he he!

PostSubject: Did you like the book?   Tue May 13, 2008 10:33 am

Did you like the book? What are your thoughts? Did you know what was going to happy ...or WHEN did you know what was going to happen? Did you want what happened to happen?????? ETC......discuss AWAY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://stupidlambs.forumandco.com
Edye

avatar

Posts : 354
Join date : 2008-03-27
Age : 53
Location : Kaysville, America

PostSubject: Re: Did you like the book?   Tue May 13, 2008 10:51 am

I absolutely freakin loved the book.

1) Such a powerful testament to the importance of opposition in all things!

2) Characters are extremely well defined and built.

3) I 'hoped' it would end the way it did, but wasn't counting on it!

4) The entire concept is fabulous and I can't wait to read it again!

5) I bawled the last three or four chapters........Holy cry baby!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 189
Join date : 2008-03-26
Location : Bwahahaha.....fairly certain I could handle any cookies served up!!!! he he he!

PostSubject: Re: Did you like the book?   Tue May 13, 2008 12:33 pm

Edye wrote:
I absolutely freakin loved the book.

1) Such a powerful testament to the importance of opposition in all things!

2) Characters are extremely well defined and built.

3) I 'hoped' it would end the way it did, but wasn't counting on it!

4) The entire concept is fabulous and I can't wait to read it again!

5) I bawled the last three or four chapters........Holy cry baby!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO true Edye!!!!

!) TRUE!!!

2) TRUE!!!!

3)....me too...totally.....I stopped reading about 1/2 way through for a few hours and told Amy that I knew what I wanted to have happen but I wasn't sure if or how it could so I just had to prepare myself that it might not.....I LOVE Ian!!!! :-)

4) already reading again!

5) talk about a cry baby. I cried through the last 3 or 4 chapters plus every time Jamie was mentioned after the 4th chapter---my tender motherly feelings just take over. I am a TOTAL boob!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://stupidlambs.forumandco.com
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 189
Join date : 2008-03-26
Location : Bwahahaha.....fairly certain I could handle any cookies served up!!!! he he he!

PostSubject: Re: Did you like the book?   Tue May 13, 2008 12:48 pm

One thing I forgot to talk about.....I figured out pretty early in the book what I wanted to happen and what did happen...but didn't know how or if it could....one thing that I did NOT figure out (the rest of you probably did and I might feel dumb....but it honestly never even crossed my mind)....was how the Seeker heard her host so much and felt her influence so much. It NEVER crossed my mind that that was the reason that she was SOOOOOOOOOOO obsessed with Wanda!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://stupidlambs.forumandco.com
dawn33

avatar

Posts : 173
Join date : 2008-04-10
Location : Getting familiar with all the Dark Hunters...mmmm. :)

PostSubject: Re: Did you like the book?   Tue May 13, 2008 9:20 pm

I really loved this book!

It could have been another 200 pages, as far as I'm concerned.
I would have really liked to see more of Mel's memories of Jared, more Ian and Wanderer
interaction in her new body...and an adventure or two with Wanda's new body as well.

More...give me more. I hope there are a lot of outtakes, and exerpts that show up later. bounce

And of course, more lovin' and kissin', but I already mentioned that on a different thread.
No need to keep bringing that up again, don't want to beat the poor dog to death...
Did I mention I wanted more physical action? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/wendytwo
Edye

avatar

Posts : 354
Join date : 2008-03-27
Age : 53
Location : Kaysville, America

PostSubject: Re: Did you like the book?   Wed May 14, 2008 7:29 am

Admin wrote:
One thing I forgot to talk about.....I figured out pretty early in the book what I wanted to happen and what did happen...but didn't know how or if it could....one thing that I did NOT figure out (the rest of you probably did and I might feel dumb....but it honestly never even crossed my mind)....was how the Seeker heard her host so much and felt her influence so much. It NEVER crossed my mind that that was the reason that she was SOOOOOOOOOOO obsessed with Wanda!!!!!

***Dummy alert***

TOTALLY surprised me.... didn't think of that twist at all!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edye

avatar

Posts : 354
Join date : 2008-03-27
Age : 53
Location : Kaysville, America

PostSubject: Re: Did you like the book?   Wed May 14, 2008 7:30 am

dawn33 wrote:
I really loved this book!

It could have been another 200 pages, as far as I'm concerned.
I would have really liked to see more of Mel's memories of Jared, more Ian and Wanderer
interaction in her new body...and an adventure or two with Wanda's new body as well.

More...give me more. I hope there are a lot of outtakes, and exerpts that show up later. bounce

And of course, more lovin' and kissin', but I already mentioned that on a different thread.
No need to keep bringing that up again, don't want to beat the poor dog to death...
Did I mention I wanted more physical action? Wink


I wanted more action as well.... I didn't think it had as much as the TW series did.....

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Admin
avatar

Posts : 485
Join date : 2008-03-27
Location : revamping New Moon, man this book drives me crazy.

PostSubject: Re: Did you like the book?   Sat May 17, 2008 9:06 pm

dawn33 wrote:
I really loved this book!

It could have been another 200 pages, as far as I'm concerned.
I would have really liked to see more of Mel's memories of Jared, more Ian and Wanderer
interaction in her new body...and an adventure or two with Wanda's new body as well.

More...give me more. I hope there are a lot of outtakes, and exerpts that show up later. bounce

And of course, more lovin' and kissin', but I already mentioned that on a different thread.
No need to keep bringing that up again, don't want to beat the poor dog to death...
Did I mention I wanted more physical action? Wink

I also really really wanted more of Mel's memories of Jared, it actually kindof bothered me that there weren't very many, at first before you realize the time line, it seems like she's implanted and two weeks later she's in love with him and dying in the desert. But then when I realized how much time had passed it made sense, but I still wanted more Mel and Jared action.

Well more action period.... I was hoping for a more ADULT book and it still felt a little YA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bite-me-edward



Posts : 246
Join date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Did you like the book?   Sun May 18, 2008 3:32 pm

I walked away from the book feeling really depressed. It made me freaking cry. What the heck??!! It was a very good book though. My heart hurt for Wanda even though I was rooting for Mel and Jared. I too wanted more hot Jared love action!! I did have to have a shot of Twilight afterwards to bring my spirits back up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dawn33

avatar

Posts : 173
Join date : 2008-04-10
Location : Getting familiar with all the Dark Hunters...mmmm. :)

PostSubject: Re: Did you like the book?   Mon May 19, 2008 3:06 pm

bite-me-edward wrote:
It made me freaking cry. What the heck??!! It was a very good book though.

That comment made me laugh out loud!

I too cried, reading this book. A lot! Embarrassingly (is that a word?) a lot!

I really enjoyed the different aspects of love, and the sacrifices Wanderer made.

I'm reading it again, slowly, while I ride my exercise bike.
bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/wendytwo
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 189
Join date : 2008-03-26
Location : Bwahahaha.....fairly certain I could handle any cookies served up!!!! he he he!

PostSubject: Re: Did you like the book?   Mon May 19, 2008 7:20 pm

dawn33 wrote:
bite-me-edward wrote:
It made me freaking cry. What the heck??!! It was a very good book though.

That comment made me laugh out loud!

I too cried, reading this book. A lot! Embarrassingly (is that a word?) a lot!

I really enjoyed the different aspects of love, and the sacrifices Wanderer made.

I'm reading it again, slowly, while I ride my exercise bike.
bounce
I BAWLED almost through the entire book!! EVERY single time Jamie was brought up....I cried....my motherly love just took over and I imagined leaving a child behind...and I just cried....more times then I can count I had to grab a kleenex and wipe my eyes so that I could even read the pages!!!! Talk about C R A Z Y!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://stupidlambs.forumandco.com
Amy
Admin
avatar

Posts : 485
Join date : 2008-03-27
Location : revamping New Moon, man this book drives me crazy.

PostSubject: Re: Did you like the book?   Mon May 19, 2008 9:41 pm

Admin wrote:
dawn33 wrote:
bite-me-edward wrote:
It made me freaking cry. What the heck??!! It was a very good book though.

That comment made me laugh out loud!

I too cried, reading this book. A lot! Embarrassingly (is that a word?) a lot!

I really enjoyed the different aspects of love, and the sacrifices Wanderer made.

I'm reading it again, slowly, while I ride my exercise bike.
bounce
I BAWLED almost through the entire book!! EVERY single time Jamie was brought up....I cried....my motherly love just took over and I imagined leaving a child behind...and I just cried....more times then I can count I had to grab a kleenex and wipe my eyes so that I could even read the pages!!!! Talk about C R A Z Y!!

K I really have to grow some feelings, because I didn't cry.....sorry girls, I guess this giant exterior is just too tough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bite-me-edward



Posts : 246
Join date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Did you like the book?   Tue May 20, 2008 7:22 am

Amy wrote:
Admin wrote:
dawn33 wrote:
bite-me-edward wrote:
It made me freaking cry. What the heck??!! It was a very good book though.

That comment made me laugh out loud!

I too cried, reading this book. A lot! Embarrassingly (is that a word?) a lot!

I really enjoyed the different aspects of love, and the sacrifices Wanderer made.

I'm reading it again, slowly, while I ride my exercise bike.
bounce
I BAWLED almost through the entire book!! EVERY single time Jamie was brought up....I cried....my motherly love just took over and I imagined leaving a child behind...and I just cried....more times then I can count I had to grab a kleenex and wipe my eyes so that I could even read the pages!!!! Talk about C R A Z Y!!

K I really have to grow some feelings, because I didn't cry.....sorry girls, I guess this giant exterior is just too tough.

HAH! That is hilarious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whitford-kiwi-girl



Posts : 245
Join date : 2008-05-20
Age : 40
Location : Enjoying the R&R - school holidays

PostSubject: Re: Did you like the book?   Sun May 25, 2008 8:46 pm

Alert ... Please hold the fruit until after ... Shocked

I was very mixed with this book. I liked the characters and was able to follow the story well, and it was certainly written well, but I was taken back by the demegraphic of it. A 600 page PG version of sci-fi. My teens would run in the opposite direction if I handed them a 600 pg book with low level action. And I'm assuming it's not and Adults book because the content is so soft. The terms used in it SMOOTH, NO PAIN, STILL ... this was so basic I couldn't believe this superior species had managed to take over the entire planet!!! (hahaha) It just didn't jump out at me and say re-read- once I had finished. And I was really happy that the ending finished nice and tidy, and everyone had a partner and life would continue to be happy for them all.

I do have lots more thoughts on this book ... but I know you have been waiting patiently with the rotten tomatos ...
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Admin
avatar

Posts : 485
Join date : 2008-03-27
Location : revamping New Moon, man this book drives me crazy.

PostSubject: Re: Did you like the book?   Mon May 26, 2008 4:33 pm

whitford-kiwi-girl wrote:
Alert ... Please hold the fruit until after ... Shocked

I was very mixed with this book. I liked the characters and was able to follow the story well, and it was certainly written well, but I was taken back by the demegraphic of it. A 600 page PG version of sci-fi. My teens would run in the opposite direction if I handed them a 600 pg book with low level action. And I'm assuming it's not and Adults book because the content is so soft. The terms used in it SMOOTH, NO PAIN, STILL ... this was so basic I couldn't believe this superior species had managed to take over the entire planet!!! (hahaha) It just didn't jump out at me and say re-read- once I had finished. And I was really happy that the ending finished nice and tidy, and everyone had a partner and life would continue to be happy for them all.

I do have lots more thoughts on this book ... but I know you have been waiting patiently with the rotten tomatos ...
Very Happy

No rotten tomatoes here....you totally put my feelings to words, not that I didn't like it, I just wanted a more Adult book, not necessarily dirtiness, (which is nice occassionally) but just more adultness. (fyi, I make up my own words)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Don'tforget2breathe

avatar

Posts : 107
Join date : 2008-05-01
Age : 43
Location : West Valley , Utah (Hooked on the Black dagger brotherhood)

PostSubject: Re: Did you like the book?   Wed May 28, 2008 6:13 pm

dawn33 wrote:
I really loved this book!

It could have been another 200 pages, as far as I'm concerned.
I would have really liked to see more of Mel's memories of Jared, more Ian and Wanderer
interaction in her new body...and an adventure or two with Wanda's new body as well.

More...give me more. I hope there are a lot of outtakes, and exerpts that show up later. bounce

And of course, more lovin' and kissin', but I already mentioned that on a different thread.
No need to keep bringing that up again, don't want to beat the poor dog to death...
Did I mention I wanted more physical action? Wink
Oh so verry true ! Very Happy i wanted alot more also !
But affraid i have to say that i read it to fast Shocked so i need to go back and RE-Host it again in a quiet part of my house with no children ,no interruptions lol! so that i can relive it again I love you I hope that there are other books i really hope stephenie will continue it on... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mistyloveslonnie
areumylifenow

avatar

Posts : 412
Join date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Did you like the book?   Wed May 28, 2008 10:50 pm

Amy wrote:
whitford-kiwi-girl wrote:
Alert ... Please hold the fruit until after ... Shocked

I was very mixed with this book. I liked the characters and was able to follow the story well, and it was certainly written well, but I was taken back by the demegraphic of it. A 600 page PG version of sci-fi. My teens would run in the opposite direction if I handed them a 600 pg book with low level action. And I'm assuming it's not and Adults book because the content is so soft. The terms used in it SMOOTH, NO PAIN, STILL ... this was so basic I couldn't believe this superior species had managed to take over the entire planet!!! (hahaha) It just didn't jump out at me and say re-read- once I had finished. And I was really happy that the ending finished nice and tidy, and everyone had a partner and life would continue to be happy for them all.

I do have lots more thoughts on this book ... but I know you have been waiting patiently with the rotten tomatos ...
Very Happy

No rotten tomatoes here....you totally put my feelings to words, not that I didn't like it, I just wanted a more Adult book, not necessarily dirtiness, (which is nice occassionally) but just more adultness. (fyi, I make up my own words)

That is precisely how I felt. I enjoyed the book, but wished it were a little more adult feeling. I felt like it was very YA geared. I still liked it, and would read a sequel if there should happen to be one in the future.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Did you like the book?   

Back to top Go down
 
Did you like the book?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» 3-D TARDIS Model Kit book review wanted
» My Book on Revelation, Revealingly Different
» Accidental Ambition wins book award!
» Young author, first book, calling for support
» Dr. ALwin Lewis' Book

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stupid Lambs :: The Host :: The book-
Jump to: